Alex MimsSystems Administrator
Alex joined Kimmel & Associates in 2020 as a Systems Administrator and Help Desk Technician.
Alex studied Computer Science at Colorado Mesa University before transitioning full time to the workforce, where he has continued his education on the job. Starting in 2015, he gained experience as a Technology Support Analyst and Help Desk Specialist in the healthcare field.
Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
We sat down with Alex and asked him the following:
- What do you like most about working at Kimmel & Associates?
I love the team that I get to work with every day.
- What is one thing you learned early in your career that has made you successful?
Be humble, be patient, and listen.
- What is your greatest strength in your role?
I can improvise many different solutions for whatever situation I may find myself in.
- Describe the most rewarding experience of your career.
Getting to communicate with many different people is one of the biggest upsides to working in IT.
- Do you have a favorite quote?
“Improving daily work is even more important than doing daily work.” - Gene Kim, The Phoenix Project.
- What causes are you passionate about?
I am passionate about distributed computing projects that can make the world a better place.
- How do you spend your free time?
My favorite vacation so far has been relaxing on a houseboat at Lake Powell. I also love going to drag races.