Billy DoubraskiVice President
Billy began his career at Kimmel & Associates in 2004.
Through his work in the Heavy Civil Division, Billy has formed strong relationships with some of the nation’s leading talent in the Southeast.
Billy earned a BS in Business Management from Appalachian State University/Walker College of Business, minoring in Sustainable Development.
Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his son. He is also an avid runner and an active community member in Asheville, NC.
We sat down with Billy and asked him the following:
- What do you like most about working at Kimmel & Associates?
My colleagues, and how much the work can vary.
- What is one thing you learned early in your career that has made you successful?
To always be curious.
- What is your greatest strength as a consultant?
A good ear. I think listening is the most important part of what we do.
- What can clients and candidates expect from you?
Realism and optimism.
- What makes you different from other recruiters in your industry?
At this point in my career, I think the longevity of my relationships in the industry set me apart from other recruiters.
- Describe the most rewarding experience of your career.
What I find most rewarding is seeing individuals I have placed stay at a company for a significant amount of time and hearing about the positive impact they have on the company, whether it be contributing to the bottom line, the company culture, or the company’s reputation – hopefully, all of the above.
- Do you have a favorite quote?
This really is my favorite quote from a book and a movie, and I think it applies particularly to what we do: “Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.” - Frank Herbert, Dune
- What causes are you passionate about?
I am passionate about raising my son and being an active member of my community.
- Personal interests?
The New York Mets (when they’re winning), going to new ballparks, running around the beautiful place we live and work in, eating at The Admiral in West Asheville, and cooking - I really enjoy cooking, almost as much as eating.