Broc FountainVice President
Broc began his career at Kimmel & Associates in 2004.
He has developed strong relationships with high-level clients and candidates through his dedication and exceptional service to the heavy civil market.
Broc studied English and history at Appalachian State University. He then spent 20 years as a professional chef.
He is dedicated to forming long-lasting partnerships with both clients and candidates.
We sat down with Broc and asked him the following:
- What do you like most about working at Kimmel & Associates?
I like that I work for an ethical, supportive, and caring firm that strives to be the best at what it does.
- What is one thing you learned early in your career that has made you successful?
Not to take things personally, and not to let the successes and failures get me too high or too low – just focus on the process.
- What is your greatest strength in your role?
My ability to connect to people quickly, with sincere intent to do the right thing for all involved.
- What can clients and candidates expect from you?
Honesty and industry knowledge.
- What makes you different from other recruiters in your industry?
I believe I have a strong sense of cultural fit and I am able to remain an objective adviser.
- Do you have a favorite book, movie, or quote?
100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins. They’re both multi-generational, lyrical epics of stunning breadth that incorporate one of my favorite literary devices: magical realism.
- What causes are you passionate about?
I always make time to volunteer with the company several times throughout the year, and I continue to work in a volunteer capacity with the Boy Scouts of America, though my son has completed the program and gone to college.
- Personal interests?
I like to camp and hike, ride my bike, attend a broad variety of live music events, and continue to build and refine my culinary skills.