Jonathan MyersVice President
Jonathan joined Kimmel & Associates in 2008. Since that time, he has served the Industrial & Power Division.
He is diligent and honest in his efforts to present candidates who match the unique needs of each client. His hard work has afforded him great success, and he is consistently one of Kimmel’s top performers.
Jonathan holds a BS in Economics from the University of Tennessee.
He enjoys spending time with his wife, Katie, and their sons, John Thomas and Eli. He also likes watching college football with family and friends, golfing, road biking, and jogging.
We sat down with Jonathan and asked him the following:
- What do you like most about working at Kimmel & Associates?
The great culture of the organization.
- What is one thing you learned early in your career that has made you successful?
It’s more important to listen than it is to speak.
- What is your greatest strength in your role?
The ability to gain the trust of the client and candidate.
- What can clients and candidates expect from you?
Someone who’s going to work hard on their behalf and not try to push something on them that’s not a good fit.
- What makes you different from other recruiters in your industry?
I spend time with the candidate, guiding them through the process.
- Describe the most rewarding moment of your career.
Hearing a candidate say he’s worked with construction companies all over the world, and the one where I placed him has been the best fit after 35 years in the industry.
- Do you have a favorite book?
Shoe Dog by Phil Knight. It shows how much risk you have to take in life to be successful.
- Personal interests?
Tennessee Vols, New Orleans Saints, golf, bird hunting, Marco Island, and Postero (a restaurant in Hendersonville).