Kirk AdcockMarket Leader
Kirk began his career with Kimmel & Associates in 2014. He serves the Mechanical & Electrical Division. He focuses on working with mechanical contractors in the Southeast.
Kirk graduated from the University of Tennessee – Knoxville, where he double majored in Political Science and Business (Marketing).
His passions are outdoor adventure and travel, including backpacking, rock climbing, river sports, sky diving, sailing, and hang gliding, to name a few. Along with his wife, Victoria, he has traveled extensively to places far and wide, including adventures above the Arctic Circle and in Patagonia.
We sat down with Kirk and asked him the following:
- What do you like most about working at Kimmel & Associates?
Helping people with their careers.
- What is one thing you learned early in your career that has made you successful?
Follow the Kimmel formula and don’t kid yourself.
- What is your greatest strength in your role?
- What can clients and candidates expect from you?
Total transparency, honesty, and hard work.
- What makes you different from other recruiters in your industry?
I do the hard work of building relationships, and that work is done on the phone, not online.
- Describe the most rewarding experience of your career.
When I ask someone for a recommendation, I love to read what they write about me. I’m always surprised at how we impact people’s lives.
- Do you have a favorite quote?
That’s easy: From Nelson Mandela: “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
- What causes are you passionate about?
I like to help people less fortunate than myself, and they are everywhere around me. I give generously to those I feel deserve it. I am into personal improvement on a daily basis, striving to be the best human I can be – honest, loving, and forgiving.
- Personal interests?
I like to travel the world and have traveled a good bit of it. It’s nice to experience other cultures and the lives people live.